WMU Guest ID Cards

Guest ID Cards

Guest ID Cards may be issued to individuals who need card access to buildings.

If you answer yes to any of the following questions, the Registrar's Office must create your account and your guest WIN.

  • Are you or have you ever been a student or employee at WMU?
  • Have you ever applied or been in the process of being a WMU student?
  • Have you ever had an SRC membership at WMU?
  • Have you ever been registered with WIN as a guest or affiliate in the past at WMU?
  • Do you need for more than building access (Other WMU benefits like a WMU Email, network access, SRC membership, a dining plan, a housing contract, etc)?
If you answered YES to any of the questions above, please email regi-security@wmich.edu for information on how to proceed.

If you answered NO to all the questions above and you only need a Guest ID for building access, then please email dps-broncocard@wmich.edu.

Guest ID Card FAQs

I currently have an old Guest/Affiliate ID, do I need a new one?
Yes. Affiliate and Guest IDs printed prior to June 1, 2023 that are still active may be replaced one time at no cost, if the old ID is turned in at the time of printing. Just like Bronco Cards®, all other WMU IDs printed prior to June 1, 2023 will be disabled on November 1, 2023.

I was a former student or employee, may I use my old Bronco Card?
No. You may be assigned a card using the same WIN as when you are a student or employee, but you must get a new Guest ID card. Also, the Guest ID card fee must still be paid.

What if I will be using the Guest ID for more than building access (parking permit, network access, WMU email, SRC membership, dining, etc)?
Your university sponsor must contact the Registrar's Office via email (regi-security@wmich.edu) to be registered for more guest benefits at WMU. You must be issued an official WMU WIN.

How can the Guest ID Fee be paid?
Your sponsoring university department may pay for it using their Fund and Cost Center, prior to pickup, or the fee may be paid by you with cash or credit card at Parking Services at the time the ID is issued.

I have my Guest ID but I don't have building access?
The building coordinator of each facility must grant each individual access. If special access or wider range of campus access is needed, your sponsor must notify the Security Systems Administrator (dps-broncocard@wmich.edu). Access is not guaranteed just because you obtain a Guest ID Card.

My Guest ID card stopped working?
All Guest ID cards are preset with deactivation dates. If your guest access on campus needs to be extended, your sponsor must reach out to the Registrar's Office or the Security Systems Administrator to extend the activation period for you.

More information about Guest ID cards may be found at the Bronco Card web page.

If you have any other questions please email dps-broncocard@wmich.edu.